The Idyllwild Arts Film & Digital Media Department’s conviction that storytelling is crucial to successful filmmaking determines our requirements for application materials.*
Therefore all Film & Digital Media applicants must submit:
- A Creative writing sample that you have produced. The writing sample may be in any format, including screenplay, play, short story, poem, or even stream of consciousness.
- Showcase your visual artistry by submitting a sample visual art work. The visual art work may be in any medium, including film, video, photography, performance piece, painting, sculpture, collage, a creative website, a creative Instagram account or collection of pictures. Anything that helps us know more about you as an artist and potential visual thinker. Submit as many samples as you like.
- A short 3 to 5 minute creative video in the form of a monologue, narrative, or documentary, introducing yourself, and responding to the following:
- Why do you want to be a filmmaker? Tell us in a creative, unique way why you are motivated to be a filmmaker.
- Tell us who you are!
- Tell us a story about something that happened to you or something you witnessed that had a profound impact on your life.
- The Film & Digital Media Department cannot accept beginning English speakers.